Facebook Users Ask Sensitive Questions To Christians After Somizi Church Saga
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. So should Zimbabweans be our slaves?
2. Let’s say I had a daughter and i would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell?.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. I am sure They would claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I know people that work on the Sabbath. Commercial entities such as banks, retailers, car washes, gyms open till late on Sundays. Exodus 35:2 clearly states people who work on a Sabbath should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination as stated in Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a small farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton and denim). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)